I reckon it might go something like this:
1. You’re born, you know nothing
2. You learn a little, and think you know everything
3. You realise you don’t know everything, so try to learn everything
4. You realise you can’t learn everything, so try to learn everything about something
5. You realise you can’t even learn everything about something, and accept that you know what you know
6. You seek advice on what you don’t know from those that know, and realise that those that know things you don’t should be respected, not feared
EDIT: I reckon I’m about step 2!